Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

23 November 2013

MGR Fan

Sri MGR Year 96, 23rd November, Saturday

Here is an email from MGR Fan 53 years old Mr.Jayan from Singapore who is also a regular reader of our MGR Blog he wanted to share his experience and his likeness to our beloved Puratchi Thalaivar MGR. He also given the images of some of his collections.

MGR Fan Jayan, Father name Krishnan.

My name is Jayan and I am born and have been living in Singapore. I was first introduced to MGR thru Adimai Penn when it was released here in 1969. Ever since, I have become a huge MGR fan. Since then, I have watched all MGR films released here. Movies that run for a month are considered a huge success because of the small Tamil film audience here. Nalla Neram, Ulagam Sutrum Valiban ran to packed houses for more than a month in 1972-73. I have also watched Annan's (I call him that) earlier films on VHS tapes and DVDs. My favourite movie is Sirithu Vaazha Vendum. The fast pace of the movie, songs, MGR's dual role impressed me. I can never forget the double MGR fight scene - Annan's entrance whistling a tune, his costume with a cloth flower-like bow at his neck, the exciting fight sequence, and the background music! I had the fortune of meeting Annan when he visited Singapore as Chief Minister. Many fans waited for him on the ground floor of the Housing Development Board office where he was having a meeting in 1978 or 79. As the lift door opened, he greeted everyone with a handshake despite his busy schedule and smiled a warm smile. His hand felt warm and he had a firm grip. I felt his hands for about 2 days and I remember I did not wash that hand for about 1 and half days! A brief but unforgettable moment.

 

Big-Records
Over the years I have also collected many of Annan's movie records (about 120). I have attached photos of my collection. My most prized possession is a rare long playing record of Ulagam Sutrum Valiban with it's beautiful cover.

 

Small-Records 

Ulagam-Sutrum-Valiban


His dialogues and song lyrics have taught good life values to me and all MGR fans. The line from the Pallandu Vazhgha song "Ondre Kulam Oruvanay Devan" has become my life philosophy. "Dairiyamaaga Sol Nee Manithan Thaana" from Oli Vilakku has taught me never to drink and smoke. He is truly "Kalaimagan Kalaimagal Punniyamo, Thaikulam Vazhangiya Seethanamo!" (from song 'Minminiyai Kanmaniyai' - Kannan En Kathalan movie). To all MGR fans - continue to spread the warmth and good messages of this wonderful man.

hand_fan
Ondre Kulam Oruvanay Devan
Jayan Krishnan

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts