Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

06 September 2015

4777

Sri MGR Year 98, 6th September, Sunday

Many MGR fans and devotees choose their cell/mobile number ending with 4777. Someone having a car will pay to get their car registered as 4777, some even wanted to get that number for their bank account.

The story behind 4777 is that our Puratchi Thalaivar MGR got elected as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the first time on 30th June 1977. He assumed office on 1st July 1977. Below is the first photo of MGR as the Chief Minister, snapped by Nagaraj Rao.

  Anna_statue_MGR_garlanding  1977_july_1

To the left is MGR garlanding his mentor before assuming the office of the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on 1st July 1977, to the right MGR in the seat of the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister

So then why 4777 is a divine number for MGR devotees and fans?

Puratchi Thalaivar MGR entered the Assembly proceedings on 4th July 1977 and all the elected legislative members took oath in Tamil Nadu Assembly on that day. 

4-july-1977-assembly

Puratchi Thalaivar taking oath in the Tamil Nadu State Legislative Assembly

Twenty years back I got a bus ticket ending with 4777 but I did not preserved it. Then whenever I get the ticket I use to check the ending number. Couple of months back when I logged on to our MGR blog I was the xxxx4778th person to view the page. Just one number less than 4777. Recently when I logged on to srimgr.com the page view counter showed xxxx4775, after some seconds I re logged on to and I was on the xxxx4777th page viewer. Below is the screen shot.

4777_upload

Click to enlarge the image. Felt something divine for me on seeing the number. Anyone having such an experience of getting the number 4777 please share with us by sending an email to replytomgr@live.in including the scanned image.

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts