Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

08 April 2008

Devotion of MGR Devotees II

Puratchith Thalaivar Fans - K.P.Ramesh & K.P.Suresh

I received this mail from MGR Devotee K.P.Ramesh who is regularly reading this Post. With his consent I am producing his email here. His meeting of MGR is like GODLY.

I am 39 years old & my brother is 36 years old now and we are a proud, sincere, dedicated followers of Puratchith Thalaivar MGR from our childhood as my father (retired government officer) is a staunch follower of Arignar Anna & Amarar MGR. My brother and I were fed and made to grow with Thalaivar's preachings by my father. Our past time used to be watching Thalaivar's movies since our school days. We even worked in election campaigns for our party ADMK candidates since 1980 in almost all elections. Those days, we used our bicycles decorated with Thalaivar's small cut out with 2-leaves symbol to please women voters in our native village areas.


Now I teach my two small daughters about Him; they can identify Him in any make-up or costume. They call Him as MGR Thaaththaa! Thalaivar is respected as our GURU in my family. I had seen Him several times during election campaigns/ public meetings / government functions in 1980 to 1987.


In 1986 Panchayat elections, my distant relative won as Panchayat Union Chairman. Just after the election victory, I had an opportunity to visit Ramavaram Garden along with the elected-Chairman and got a golden opportunity to touch and kiss Thalaivar's hands. I went in a queue of thousands waiting to see Him. Thalaivar greeted all of us and met the “Thondarkal” first (one-by-one) and asked the VIPs/ VVIPs to wait. I still remember those moments. I went with lots of dreams. As I was nearing Him, I was in an excited state of mind and thought of talking few words with Him. He was very much listening carefully to the party men who were talking / making complaints to Him. He was not able to speak then (just after his treatment from US). Whenever He felt something important, He was indicating His assistant to take notes of the points/ complaints. But when I reached Him, I became speechless. But I touched His right hand, lifted and kissed Him. He was smiling. My eyes were filled with water. I thought of touching His feet to get His Aashirvaatham. But as the crowd pushed me, the security men grabbed me out to exit. All just happened like a dream.


I was literally crying then; Mr.R.K.Perumal (ex-MLA of our constituency Vilathikulam in Thoothukudi district, known to my father) noticed me and took me out to a place where all our native area men were assembled inside the Garden. All were comforting me thinking that I was hurt by the crowd. I could not open my mouth and answer their questions as I was weeping out of control. After a while, I told them that I was fine and happy that I could meet our Thalaivar face to face. I was crying, as I could not tolerate the condition of Him (unable to talk and could only make a sound of "mm, mm, mm"). He spent almost one and half hours talking to the ordinary party men simply "standing" under hot sun, even in that poor health condition!


Then He felt tired and wanted to sit. So He went and sat in a chair placed at the veranda facing the crowd. The visiting party functionaries and election winners took snaps with Him. This was going on for another one hour. At this time, He spotted a poor handicapped boy crawling to reach Him with his mother, Thalaivar immediately waved with His hands not to climb on the veranda stairs (as it could be difficult for the boy to crawl & climb) and He went down to the floor to reach the boy & his mother. He listened to their issues by keeping the officers next to Him and assured them to do the needful. I cannot forget this incident.






In the past 3 years, (I visit India once a year from Dubai), I visited Ramavaram Gardens 3 times to pay my respects at His memorial. I had been to T.Nagar Memorial house once and visited few times to the Samaadhi at Marina beach.


His portrait decorates my laptop and cell phone screens. A day never passes in my life without thinking of Him! I read several books about Him and never miss a single opportunity to notice any news about Him.


Amarar MGR leads my life! Vaazhka Amarar MGR Naamam!

Please also read the post

http://mgrroop.blogspot.com/2006/01/when-we-see-god.html

No comments:

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts