Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

14 September 2017

Everlasting Verse

Sri MGR Year 100, 14th September, Thursday

Most of you think that what I have written is spoken by MGR on screen. No it is not, what I have written is said by MGR off screen.


R.K.Shanmugam 
Dialog writer & Assistant Director


The above was said by R.K.Shanmugam during the Silver Jubilee function for Ayirathil Oruvan held in Kamaraj Arangam on September 1st 2014. 


The legendary and everlasting verses written by R.K.Shanmugam in movies such as Ayirathil Oruvan, Rickshawkaran, Pallandu Vazhga, Neethiku Thalaivanangu etc. breathed his last yesterday. We srimgr.com team wishes his soul to rest in peace and express our deepest sympathies to his family. 

I was blessed to have meet him and spoke to him for half an hour during the Ayirathil Oruvan function. I was waiting outside for my friends as R.K.Shanmugam came by. The function has started and there was no one to welcome him. I and another MGR fan (not introduced to him) took him arm by arm as R.K.Shanmugam was not well to walk alone. We both accompanied him to the hall, he asked us to give some time to regain his breath. Then he spoke to me about his relationship with MGR and MGR always call him as "Asiriyar" and not by name. Our beloved Leader Puratchi Thalaivar gave utmost respect to learned people. 

(Above image is from Mr.Jayaprakash, Facebook page)

He talked about MGR's and Jayalalitha's help to him, as he was mentioning his eyes welled up, so much emotional he became on remembering MGR. I accompanied him to the front row reserved to VIP's. On that day I believed MGR's spirit gave me that golden opportunity to converse with him and hold him to the stage. 

Below the War of words the best one liners from Ayirathil Oruvan. Uploaded by Jai Sankar in you tube. 


M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts