Total Pageviews

Vettaikaran Golden Jubilee

Golden Jubilee Padagotti

05 August 2007

An Event for God MGR

MGRism is religion MGR is God.

I planned to write the second part of Ulagam Sutrum Valiban records, but Sathya phoned me and passed the massage to be present in Mahalakshmi Theatre for the movie "Ayirathil Oruvan" I rushed to the theatre I saw gathering, most of them are not above 40 years. There was an event going on.



Yukesh Babu introduced me to some of his friends. Just then Sathya came by and thanked me for the visit. We went inside the Theatre, climax Scene Matinee show was going on. Yukesh pointed to a Big notice affixed it said, "No Camphor or Candle should be lighted" This was posted because of MGR fans.





41st Division Amma Paraavai garlanded the MGR cut out. After this Ponmanachemmal Sri MGR Bakthargal Trust started there function. Which I recorded the whole function went for 30 minutes I shot only 10 important minutes. Some of the clips I will upload in my coming blog. Sathya started to put small garland to giant size garland for MGR the last garland was done my his mother, who is also a MGR devotee.




After garlanding MGR, they poured Santhanam or Sandal and finally with Milk then 1000 wala cracker continued. Passers by looked with awe on this function. Sweet Pongal were given to everybody who came to watch MGR starred Movie.

Theatre management gave a strict order not to use flowers when MGR frame flickers in the silver screen, they tried to convince the Manager and the Owner of the Theatre but they did not allow. Finally MGR Devotees boycotted the show and gave the tickets to the people who came to watch the movie.

No comments:

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail

M.G.R. Blog to you via E mail
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

All Time Popular Posts